Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You're Helping Me

For every dollar you spend,
I grow a finger

For every cough you suppress,
my mother sends a keychain

For every puddle you jump,
Jeremy gives me a cigarette

For every cigarette you lend,
you give it to me

For all of your cancer,
my lungs turn to crystal

For every hospital you've bombed,
I sleep easier at night

For every doctor you've punched,
my body fights off infection

For all of your fears,
I trade my fears.

When you are dying,
I am still dying.

3 comments:

Tyler Gobble said...

Oh I like it! Love the repetition of style, one of my current obsessions. Good stuff bud. Hope to see you at more writers community meetings.

shaun said...

For every cigarette you lend,
you give it to me

really like that

also my verif. word was "doperrin." sounds like a badass prescription drug

Jeremy Bauer said...

I like this 'cause it's good and I don't get shoutouts like MTV never gave me a god damn shoutout and yeah, I was real into TRL, and yeah, the Real World taught me how to drink and get complicated with girl$, but most of all I like this 'cause it's good.

(my word was "garmey." at first i thought it said "gamey" which was all ew, but not it sounds like a dwarf's name or some silly using it as an abbreviation for "garment")